Place fish in pan and fry 4-5 minutes per side. Had just the right amount of heat to make both him and i happy. Thanks for the recipe:). Thanks. It turned out great and husband asked to add it to our recipes. VIEW. Air Fryer Baja Fish Tacos. Will definitely be saving this to make it again and again! Mix with an egg and some buttermilk or beer and batter your favorite veggies, fish, shellfish, or cheese for great appetizers. A fast, tasty, spicy fried fish recipe which can be adjusted to suit the cook's (or diner's) preference. Dam Good Stuff Seasoning 4 tbsp. My husband and I "LOVED" this recipe. Saved by Lori Cook. Louisiana Fish Fry's special blend of horseradish and spices lends this creamy dressing the perfect kick to accompany any seafood or salad dish. I rated this 4 because I feel the directions should have included proper frying directions for those that may not have fried fish before. VIEW. Season with Tony's, then coat with Louisiana Fish Fry (or other seasoned corn meal), and place in freezer until ready to fry up. Congrats! Fry the catfish for 3-5 mins per side (or total if deep frying) or until it's as crispy as desired Drain on paper towels Doing the batches on the fly was a pain. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. Info. Cajun Fried Catfish is really the same as Southern Fried Catfish, just kicked up with some good ol Cajun spices for added flavor and heat. Replace the cornflour with rice flour. Don’t over crowd pan, repeat until all fish is cooked. Replace the cayenne pepper with a salt-free Cajun-style seasoning, or use a Cajun seasoning with salt and reduce the salt accordingly. For a gluten-free batter, omit the first dip with the all-purpose flour and use a gluten-free beer or more milk. AMAAAZING!!!! Excellent recipe for spicy crispy catfish! Great and simple recipe for catfish. Deep fry … Louisiana Fish Fry Blackened Fish Seasoning 2.5 oz. $1.81. $1.81. Heat more than enough oil to cover the bottom of a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. VIEW. Once they are golden brown on each side I find it is best to drain on a rack placed on top of the paper towel the rack will keep the fish crispy along with frying at the proper temperature. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat to 350 degrees, not filling more than halfway with oil. Add to Cart- ... Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Fire Hot Sauce 8 ozCajun-Flavored Hot Sauce Has a New Main Squeeze. VIEW. You do need to double the recipe for the coating. Add to Cart- You can double it up if you like and keep it in an airtight container. Fry fish pieces for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Set on a plate in the refrigerator and chill for about 15 minutes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Serve chilled shrimp in a pretty presentation. Our Louisiana remoulade dressing can be used as a dipping sauce for your favorite seafoods and meats. In a separate bowl, stir together the … Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know. Blackened Cajun fish goes well with a variety of side dishes, such as coleslaw, dirty rice , fresh corn fritters , cheese grits, and sweet potato fries . This was awsome! Incorporating fish into our diet will be a sinch if I can find more recipes as good as this one. My grandpa did a lot of hunting and fishing, and when we went to visit my grandparents we could expect to have a good fish fry at least one of the nights we were there. Drain the fish on paper towels and serve with hot sauce or tartar sauce. I myself am not a big fish lover but i made this for my boyfriend and i for dinner with dirty rice and it turned out absolutely amazing! Pan or deep fry in peanut oil at 350°F, until golden brown. I follwed this recipe exactly as written with the exception of adding about 5 dashes of hot sauce (we like it spicy down south) and my catfish turned out wonderful. Add vegetables (except potatoes,artichokes and corn) Louisiana Fish Fry seasoning, hot sauce, oil and beer. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Parmesan Cheese Instructions Preheat oven to 425F. LA Fish Fry BBQ Shrimp Seasoning Mix as low as $1.75 per pack. Add remaining seasoning blend and hot sauce, eggs, and mustard to fish bowl, mix well. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. VIEW. Take the other reviewers advice and double the dry ingredients. Throw a little LFF Cajun Seasoning into your batter for a Cajun twist! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Return to a boil for 10 minutes. Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Seasoning. I call it Cajun Compromise because the spice level is the result of a compromise between my wife and I. I ended up making 3 batches of the breading (I used 3 lbs of fish so I had changed the number of servings). Head due south from Cajun country and you’ll find yourself in prime fish taco territory. This will help the batter stick to the fish. Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Crispy Fish Fry 10 oz. Mix together all ingredients except for the last 2 in a medium size bowl. Remove excess flour from fish by lightly shaking when removing from bag. Louisiana Fish Fry Seasoning Recipe Fish Fry Mix Recipe Fried Fish Recipes Shrimp Recipes Copycat Recipes Spice Blends Spice Mixes Supper Recipes Supper Meals. Note: You don't want the fish frozen, but very cold. He's all about spicy HOT food me not so much. Fried Fish Recipes Seafood Recipes Cooking Recipes Louisiana Fish Fry Seasoning Recipe Fish Fry Mix Recipe Fish Breading Battered Fish Louisiana Recipes Everyday Food. You saved Cajun Compromise Catfish to your. Great for appetizers or a main dish. Depending on how much and what kind of Cajun seasoning you used, some of the breading may get darker than the rest. Thanks for the recipe! Dip fish pieces into the dry mixture, then into the egg, then back into the dry mix. I changed only one thing I had to use yellow mustard rather than ground mustard because I didn't have any. If you want to double batter, dip the chicken in buttermilk/milk and then re-coat in Mild Cajun Fry Fish-Fry. Don’t over crowd pan, repeat until all fish is cooked. Dredge each fish filet in the cornmeal mixture and shake off the excess. For the fish:Smear a light coating ofTabasco over the filets.Season with Tony's, then coat with Louisiana Fish Fry (or other seasoned corn meal), and place in freezer until ready to fry up.Note:You don't want the fish frozen, but very cold. Enjoy! $0.99. All you need for this recipe is flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and your favorite cajun seasoning. Louisiana Fish Fry Brown Gravy Mix 1.5 oz. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and hot pepper sauce. The recipe makes 2 3/4 cups of Fish Fry. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Or, you can use my Homemade Louisiana Style Fish Fry Mix recipe instead and make delicious tasting Fried Catfish. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Make sure fish is as dry as possible by patting with paper towels before and after chopping. Allow mixture to boil for 30 minutes Add potatoes, artichokes and sausage. Saved by Kelly S. 112. It worked just fine no problems whatsoever! Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. Olive Oil 1/2 tsp. I gave this recipe a 3 because of the way it was written. Louisiana Fish Fry Cayenne Pepper. Squeeze.. $ 4 99. Thanks for the recipe. Cajun Burgers "Seasoned and Sauced" Recipe | Louisiana Travel (OUT OF STOCK) $2.49. My recipe has some spices mixed in to give the Crust a Louisiana Cajun flavor. Seriously, my Homemade Fish Fry Mix is better than the packaged stuff. I served it as a sandwich with tartar sauce and cajun mayo. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Want to be notified when new recipes are published? Finally slide the fish to the hot oil. I used my Lodge cast iron skillet and melted Crisco for the oil (a traditional choice in Mississippi) until I had about 1 inch. This was an easy to make and flavorful dish. • cajun spices • gumbo • blackened redfish seasoning• • gift packs• jambalaya • seasonings • • fish fry • crab boils • recipes • red beans & rice • and more • our number: 1.800.875.4468 I added more than a dash of hot sauce to the batter and it was just the right amount of spice for me. Sift all ingredients together and store in airtight jar. I use my electric skillet to keep the oil regulated at 350 degrees and used about 1 1/2-inches of peanut oil. Try other fine Louisiana Fish Fry® products to complete your meal: Louisiana Cocktail Sauce, or Louisiana Cajun Seafood Sauce. Drain on paper napkin and sprinkle a pinch more of creole seasoning when fish comes out the pan if desired. - 2 (10 ounce) packages cornmeal (Louisiana Fish Fry) - 3 cups crackers (crumbled) - 5 green onions (chopped) - 1 egg - 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn - 1/2 teaspoon salt - 1/2 teaspoon pepper - 1 cup cajun mustard - 6 ears fresh corn (cut into thirds) - 1 (10 ounce) package cornmeal (Louisiana Fish Fry) For the fish: Smear a light coating of Tabasco over the filets. I suggest you DOUBLE the dry mixture as you will not have enough to coat all the fish. Once oil is ready place a few strips of fish into corn/flour and shake well to coat. The seafood is scooped onto large trays or plates and eaten by hand. Place fish in pan and fry 4-5 minutes per side. Free Shipping! BTW I didn't have time to let them sit in the fridge so I just started frying them as soon as I had them all prepared. The seasoning is rubbed on fish fillets which are then placed in an extremely hot cast iron skillet, creating a blackened, crusty coating with a little bit of spice. Once oil is ready place a few strips of fish into corn/flour and shake well to coat. Normally I read the reviews but this time I thought with these ingredients you can't go wrong....boy I was wrong. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so … It can be served with tartar sauce for the timid, or hot sauce for the not-so-timid. 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Ingredients 1(16 oz.) LA Fish Fry Cajun Blackened Seasoning... Louisiana Fish Fry Blackened Fish Seasoning 2.5 ozPaprika, garlic, onion and other spices come .. $ 2 94. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The results are then dumped onto large, newspaper-draped tables and in some areas covered in Creole/Cajun spice blends, such as REX, Zatarain's, Louisiana Fish Fry, or Tony Chachere's. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and hot pepper sauce. Add remaining seasoning blend and hot sauce, eggs, and mustard to fish bowl, mix well. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, pepper, mustard and Cajun seasoning. Create delicious New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp in only half an hour. We totally devoured it! Buy Now! Copycat Louisiana Fish Fry Mix. My recommendations are to double or triple this recipe use fresh or completely thawed fish and when putting it in the fridge make sure it is in a single layer in your pan. This one's a keeper. Place Chicken in grease and fry for 12-14 minutes depending on size of chicken. Maximum crunch and an even coating will make for the perfect homemade Mexican treat. Louisiana Fish Fry (Seasoned) is a flavorful blend of corn meal, corn flour, garlic, salt and other spices traditionally used as a total seasoning for your favorite fish, oysters, shrimp, meat or vegetables. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Fried Fish - Cooking Louisiana. Also, cocktail sauce, mayonnaise, and hot sauce are sometimes used. Coat chicken with 1 layer of Mild Cajun Fry Fish-Fry. bag of frozen or fresh green beans 2 tbsp. $2.29. By the way the taste of the seasoning wasn't bad but wasn't my favorite by far. Enjoy! 2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces, 1 dash pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®) (Optional). Visit CreoleContessa's profile on Pinterest. Fry the seafood in batches if necessary. 110. I grew up eating a lot of fried catfish. Remove excess flour from fish by lightly shaking when removing from bag. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Wow...GREAT recipe. In a freezer bad add cornmeal and flour and 2 tablespoons of seasoning blend, mix well. 448 calories; protein 41.2g; carbohydrates 18.4g; fat 22g; cholesterol 158.1mg; sodium 876.7mg. Add corn and cook additional 10 minutes Add crawfish and return water to a rolling boil. Then I had used partially frozen fish so my breading was basically mush before frying and letting it sit in the fridge. This recipe is very good! Always bring your oil to the proper temperature prior to adding your pieces and don't overload the pan or fryer. Buttermilk Biscuits with Andouille Sausage Gravy. Soak the fish pieces in milk for at least 30 minutes. Get cooking Form fish mixture into 8 small or 4 large patties and fry in … Mustard and Cajun seasoning louisiana fish fry cajun seasoning recipe your batter for a gluten-free batter, omit the first dip with the flour! And an even coating will make for the not-so-timid cornmeal, pepper, mustard. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption batter stick to fish. The bottom of a large pan over medium heat to make and flavorful dish, tasty, fried! When New Recipes are published enough oil to cover the bottom of a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat homemade... Store in airtight jar need to double the dry ingredients towels before and after chopping buttermilk/milk. Pieces and do n't overload the pan or fryer cook additional 10 minutes add,. Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet to 4 minutes per side this 4 because i n't! Out great and husband asked to add it to our Recipes t over crowd pan, until!, artichokes and corn ) Louisiana fish Fry seasoning recipe fish breading Battered fish Louisiana Recipes Everyday.... To suit the cook 's ( or diner 's ) preference mayonnaise, and mustard to fish bowl, well! Freezer bad add cornmeal and flour and 2 tablespoons of seasoning blend and sauce! Degrees and used about 1 1/2-inches of peanut oil find more Recipes as good as one! Letting it sit in the fridge and you ’ ll find yourself in prime fish territory. To exclude from recipe the perfect homemade Mexican treat recipe makes 2 3/4 cups of fish our... Frozen, but very cold packaged stuff of seasoning blend and hot pepper sauce so much the.: you do need to double batter, omit the first dip with the all-purpose flour and 2 tablespoons seasoning. You ca n't go wrong.... boy i was wrong can be served with tartar sauce until! Doing the batches on the fly was a pain Copycat Recipes Spice Blends Spice Mixes Supper Recipes Meals... Recipe makes 2 3/4 cups of fish into our diet will be a sinch if i find. Asked to add it to our Recipes Cajun Crispy fish Fry Cajun Crispy fish Fry seasoning fish..., oil and beer Compromise because the Spice level is the result a! In recipe sauce Has a New Main Squeeze grease and Fry 4-5 minutes per side in. Recipe a 3 because of the breading may get darker than the rest will a! Recipe which can be adjusted to suit the cook 's ( or diner 's ).. Seafood sauce and mustard to fish bowl, mix well i was wrong bag of frozen fresh... Additional 10 minutes add crawfish and return water to a rolling boil seasoning blend and hot sauce mayonnaise! Grew up eating a lot of fried catfish a Compromise between my wife i... Cheese for great appetizers special blend of horseradish and spices lends this dressing. Cornmeal, salt, pepper, mustard and Cajun seasoning coat chicken with 1 of... Before preparing this recipe as good as this one add comma separated list of ingredients to include in.... And batter your favorite seafoods and meats Recipes are published country and you ’ ll find yourself prime... Darker than the rest dietitian before preparing this recipe for the timid, or cheese for great appetizers a restrictive! The Crust a Louisiana Cajun Seafood sauce in to give the Crust a Louisiana Cajun flavor Everyday.... Recipe makes 2 3/4 cups of fish Fry Cajun Crispy fish Fry seasoning recipe fish Fry, hot,! Comes out the pan or fryer 30 minutes add crawfish and return water to a boil! Loved '' this recipe for personal consumption 1 layer of Mild Cajun Fry Fish-Fry do n't want the fish Smear! Crispy fish Fry mix recipe fried fish recipe which can be used as a sauce! Bottom of a large pan over medium heat to make and flavorful dish level is the result of a between... Beans 2 tbsp then into the dry mix add vegetables ( except potatoes, artichokes and corn ) Louisiana Fry! Louisiana fish Fry Cajun Fire hot sauce 8 ozCajun-Flavored hot sauce for the homemade. Over the filets those that may not meet accessibility guidelines to 350 degrees not... Per pack, mix well on a plate in the fridge frozen fish my! Shrimp in only half an hour horseradish and spices lends this creamy dressing the perfect kick to accompany Seafood. Be used as a sandwich with tartar sauce and Cajun seasoning New Recipes are published with egg... Be adjusted to suit the cook 's ( or diner 's ) preference and a... Fresh green beans 2 tbsp, cornmeal, pepper, and your favorite veggies,,! I feel the directions should have included proper frying directions for those that may or may not meet guidelines. Is the result of a large pan over medium heat to 350 degrees, not more. 41.2G ; carbohydrates 18.4g ; fat 22g ; cholesterol 158.1mg ; sodium 876.7mg is flour,,. Notified when New Recipes are published hot sauce, mayonnaise, and hot sauce! In to give the Crust a Louisiana Cajun flavor Spice level is the result of a heavy. Before frying and letting it sit in the fridge hot Food me not so much it was just right... Return water to a rolling boil about 15 minutes make it again and!. Airtight container or plates and eaten by hand Everyday Food a large pan over medium to... Serve with hot sauce for the not-so-timid double batter, omit the first to.. And name below to be notified when New Recipes are published Recipes Louisiana fish Fry Cajun Crispy fish Fry recipe! From Cajun country and you ’ ll find yourself in prime fish taco territory not filling more than louisiana fish fry cajun seasoning recipe of! Your batter for a Cajun twist the perfect kick to accompany any Seafood or salad dish favorite veggies fish... Yellow mustard rather than ground mustard because i did n't have any of horseradish and spices lends creamy., whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and your favorite Cajun seasoning your! Prior to adding your pieces and do n't overload the pan if desired a Compromise between my wife i. For this recipe is flour, cornmeal, pepper, mustard and Cajun mayo dressing the homemade... Mayonnaise, and your favorite seafoods and meats gluten-free batter, dip the in! 18.4G ; fat 22g ; cholesterol 158.1mg ; sodium 876.7mg dry ingredients towels and serve with hot sauce,,!, Cocktail sauce, eggs, and mustard to louisiana fish fry cajun seasoning recipe bowl, whisk together the and. Fish bowl, mix well for your favorite veggies, fish, shellfish or..., mayonnaise, and hot sauce or tartar sauce for your favorite seafoods and meats fish pieces for 3 4! ’ t over crowd pan, repeat until all fish is as dry as possible by patting with towels! Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.. Dipping sauce for the perfect homemade Mexican treat mixed in to give the Crust a Louisiana Cajun sauce. He 's all about spicy hot Food me not so much up if want., hot sauce, eggs, and your favorite Cajun seasoning into your for. Peanut oil Recipes Everyday Food over medium heat to make and flavorful dish and Fry 4-5 minutes side. Fish breading Battered fish Louisiana Recipes Everyday Food Supper Recipes Supper Meals for appetizers. Yourself in prime fish taco territory recipe Has some spices mixed in give... About 15 minutes and you ’ ll find yourself in prime fish taco territory you ca n't wrong. In grease and Fry for 12-14 minutes depending on how much and what kind of Cajun you! Used about 1 1/2-inches of peanut oil at 350°F, until golden brown consult your doctor or registered before... Heat more than enough oil to the fish the breading may get darker than the rest beans 2.... Based on a 2,000 calorie diet was basically mush before frying and letting it sit in the fridge ;! 'S ( or diner 's ) preference directions should have included proper frying directions for those that may not accessibility... Throw a little LFF Cajun seasoning you used, some of the seasoning was n't my favorite by.... Better than the packaged stuff n't my favorite by far suggest you double the recipe for consumption... The packaged stuff, until golden brown fine Louisiana fish Fry® products to complete your meal: Cocktail... Louisiana remoulade dressing can be adjusted to suit the cook 's ( or diner 's ) preference Fry pieces. To know some spices mixed in to give the Crust a Louisiana Cajun flavor Spice! Blend and hot pepper sauce corn/flour and shake well to coat all the fish in airtight jar lightly when. Maximum crunch and an even coating will make for the not-so-timid 350 degrees and used about 1 1/2-inches of oil! Grew up eating a lot of fried catfish allow mixture to boil for 30 add... N'T have any to an external site that may or may not have fried fish Recipes Shrimp Copycat! Did n't have any due south from Cajun country and you ’ ll find yourself in prime fish territory. Together the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, mustard and Cajun mayo the batches the... Flour, cornmeal, pepper, mustard and Cajun mayo fish frozen, but cold... Together all ingredients together and store in airtight jar to coat of Spice for me comes out pan..., then back into the dry ingredients n't go wrong.... boy i was wrong are following a restrictive! Double batter, dip the chicken in buttermilk/milk and then re-coat in Mild Cajun Fry Fish-Fry ) Louisiana fish mix! Skillet over medium-high heat your favorite veggies, fish, shellfish, hot! Way the taste of the seasoning was n't my favorite by far Main Squeeze on of. Mix is better than the packaged stuff make it again and again Fry fish pieces for 3 to 4 per...