greg@thenavagepatch.com. If anyone reading has another thought, I’m all ears! I had about 4 gaps & I was able to find a roll of 3m double sided tape, 2×4 piece & hammer in our garage, I did exactly as you said & now NO MORE GAPS!!! Please keep in mind that all images and text on this site are the property of The Navage Patch® and they are protected by copyright laws. This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller. Floor gaps are pain in the ass. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. If the tiles/planks are glued, then this trick will not work. All this for $60 on Amazon or $50 from their website. I was able to do it myself and it went quick. After about 16 years of having no gaps anywhere my tongue-in-groove oak floor developed a rapidly growing gap and several smaller gaps. . It comes in rolls and can be purchased at any hardware store. . Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within 6 months. Unfortunately our floor is glued at the joints so I have a feeling this solution might not work in our case, but this is pretty awesome for your floor! I have the same problem except it is with linoleum in a camper. Free shipping . Qualifying purchases could enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. I do think the rubber mat will work. Attaches to the floor without damage! #gw_go_portfolio_how-to .gw-gopf-pagination-wrapper { padding-top:20px; } Hi Tracey, it’s amazing the things we can do ourselves that “professionals” would charge and arm and a leg to do for us! applicable). So glad to hear it! Hi Selena, you could try adding a shim where the final board meets the wall (this would be hidden under the baseboard). Please enter a number less than or equal to 0. The Floor Gap Fixer is a tool used for closing gaps in floating floors without removing the baseboards. AU $2.09 ... After 10 years successful selling on eBay, we decided to start our nirvana. I hope you poke around our site – I think you’ll find more stuff you’ll like! Select PayPal Credit at checkout to have the option to pay over time. Ahhh, better late than never! I had a side gap in one of my planks, and worse still, the plank was adjacent to a wall. I truly enjoyed your video!! . Learn more - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab. Product review of the Floor Gap Fixer. 99. Essential accessories when fitting laminate or hardwood flooring. Tile Grout Coating Marker Home Wall Floor Tiles Gaps Professional Repair Pen HOT. The Rv dealer wants over $2500 to fix it by replacing everything. Hi Karah – oh wow, I’m honored to be the first!! Before you kick the board, apply a bit of wood glue to the gap. Good solution, Alan – thank you for sharing! At least there’s a cheap and easy way to fix them now! Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code. No additional import charges at delivery! Any ideas from your end if there’s a better way to fix this? The aluminum alloy body makes it Sturdy and durable. I had a gapping problem with my laminate flooring. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Floor Gap Fixer Tool for Laminate Floor Gap Repair Include Suction Cup at the best online prices at eBay! Copyright © 1995-2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Tile Grout Aide Marker Household Wall Tiles Floor Gap Repair Marking Pen-Drawing. Lesson learned?. When I cleaned the floors first, the double-sided tape bonded more strongly to the floor than it did to the DIY floor gap fixer. I learned almost immediately that we weren’t alone. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program. I even placed glue at the junction of the 2X6 and plywood….but nothing. See the seller's listing for full details. As you can guess, that idea didn’t sit well with either of us, so I took to the internet for a solution. AU $1.99 + AU $0.40 shipping . The Floor Gap Fixer is made of high quality materials. Then do the same to the board behind it. Mallet made with heavy duty plastic, light weight and durable. Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Bahamas, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Barbados, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bolivia, Ecuador, Egypt, French Guiana, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Luxembourg, Monaco, Macau, Martinique, Maldives, Nicaragua, Oman, Peru, Pakistan, Paraguay, Reunion, Vietnam, Uruguay, Russian Federation, Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, US Protectorates, PO Box, Angola, Cameroon, French Polynesia, Libya, Mongolia, Suriname, Guyana, Mauritius, Chad, Madagascar, New Caledonia, Iran, Western Sahara, Laos, Congo, Republic of the, Seychelles, Sudan, Venezuela, Somalia, Burma, Cuba, Republic of, Yemen, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Niger, Saint Pierre and Miquelon. Handan nearly fell in the other day! . Thank you! If you have laminate or engineered flooring, there’s a good chance you’ve seen gaps develop between some of your planks. #gw_go_portfolio_how-to .gw-gopf-post-overlay-bg { filter:alpha(opacity=50);-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)";-khtml-opacity:0.5;-moz-opacity:0.5;opacity:0.5; } Subject to credit approval. I used a .25×3 instead so that I didn’t feel bad about waste. Hey Greg! This is a review of a new tool I bought. Use it for bathtub tiles, washbasin, bathroom toilet tiles, balcony sink, porch tiles, corridor tiles and other cracks landscape. They have been repaired two times and I am able to close the gaps, but—I want them closed permanently. I vacuumed out the space then ran a thin line of wood glue before closing the gap. Even so, it would still be cheaper than buying one, but why waste money? Any suggestions for side gaps? What a great and inspirational video. Thanks so much for a great tip. Why pay $60 when you can make one for just a few bucks! Buy a 2x2x12 or similar rubber block for cleaning sandpaper/abrasive belts and disks for under twenty bucks. The doors were closed in the rooms that were not used to minimize what was being heated until I could get this heater fixed. I pulled the shoe molding off and saw that the row of boards where the gaps appeared was cut ta bit too short leaving an overly large expansion gap between the wall and last board. I figure if they can spread with the adhesive they should be able to knock back into place as well. Free shipping for many products! Some people also cut thin strips of original flooring and fit them in. All laminate flooring and some engineered wood flooring (like ours) are floating floors. just say. 97.8% Positive feedback. . #gw_go_portfolio_how-to .gw-gopf-cats > span { margin-left:6px; } I was able to close several gaps before the stickiness finally gave out and required me to change the tape. Thank you for sharing this solution. Yeah, next time before you close the gap put some carpenters glue. http://tinyurl.com/glasspuller It’s so simple, but the product really seemed like a ripoff considering what you got. $15.99 $ 15. #gw_go_portfolio_how-to .gw-gopf-post-content { text-align:center; } While I almost hammered my wrist a few times (almost, I’m unscathed) it still worked like magic. Our posts may contain affiliate links, and if you purchase a product through those links, you don’t pay a cent more, but we may receive a small commission for referring. Unfortunately, our boards were stuck tighter than shoes could handle! I’m not an expert, but I’d say that the occasional fix is the way to go. $27.99 $ 27. FCHO Floor Gap Fixer Tool for Laminate Floor Gap Repair Include Suction ... $24.69. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab, FCHO Floor Gap Fixer Tool for Laminate Floor Gap Repair Include Suction Cup and, United States and many other countries Seller information. I’ll try to help, but I need to see it first. I’m not sure if side gaps in vinyl can be fixed, Sue. Minimum monthly payments are required. I can now move the rug that hid the gap in our floor. Save this Seller. Dude! #gw_go_portfolio_how-to .gw-gopf-post-overlay-bg { background-color:#f2faff; } #gw_go_portfolio_how-to .gw-gopf-slider-controls > div { margin-bottom:10px; } Had to use something a little stronger. Learn something new every day! You can clean two sided tape with isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag and it will be sticky again. Permanent Double Sided Extreme Mounting Tapehttps://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotch-1-in-x-1-66-yds-Permanent-Double-Sided-Extreme-Mounting-Tape-414DC-SF/203405976. thank you. It also comes with a cheap rubber mallet. Have someone walk on the floor while you’re in the basement, and try to determine if this is the cause. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. We have 3 gaps. Thanks for letting us know! It’s a tongue and groove(all grooves must be glued). I am so happy you got rid of your gaps! I closed all the gaps using a variety of the above methods and then inserted a small piece of flooring and glued to the last board to reduce the expansion gap to the manufacturers specification. I have a little bit of a different issue with my floors. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you. My solution is better than any other I’ve seen, and I’m sticking with it, but thanks for writing. When these silicone pads get dirty/dusty, you only need to wipe them off with water to get them sticky again. The Floor Gap Fixer is made of high quality materials. Rather, the whole floor acts as an enormous jigsaw puzzle that lies on top of the subfloor below but is not in any way attached to it. This technique should work for many, though! It’s a good technique and the first thing I tried. Get it as soon as Wed, Dec 16. I have to say this is timely! . The adhesive was developed for strong, reusable, temporary adhesion. Using a dead blow hammer, carefully tap on the block to close the gap between the two pieces of laminate flooring. 99 Tile Grout Aide Marker Household Wall Tiles Floor Gap Repair Marking Pen-RO. What You Get: 1 floor gap fixer, 1 plastic mallet. It’s been nearly a year, and those gaps have not returned, so I’d call that a fix. There’s no clicking method on our floor, so I just hit them away from the closest baseboard , As an alternative to the tape, try gluing a piece of the beaded rubber matting that is placed on shelving to create a slip-free surface for glasses, dishes, etc. This amount includes seller specified domestic shipping charges as well as applicable international shipping, handling, and other fees. AU $1.99 ... After 10 years successful selling on eBay, we decided to start our nirvana. {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. Only differance is our floating floor is attached to each other with adhesive. NOTE: Suction cup can only use on flat(smooth) furface, so this tool can't use on handscraped surface floor. Will do it myself now. I have a solution that is FREE! I placed my block on the plank with just enough room to insert a wooden hammer handle between the wood trim and the block and pried it back into place. Not only was that time-consuming, but for a lot of gaps on a big floor, the price would start to creep up. You can stain the just to match the floor, then push it into the crack with a putty knife, a scraper or a screwdriver. After a couple of wacks on my DIY floor gap fixer, here’s how it looked: This process makes more sense when seen in action, so we made a little video for you guys. Learn how to fix floating floor gaps with a simple and inexpensive DIY floor gap fixer! Hi Marianne, it can’t hurt to try! x 1.66 yds. Why pay $60 when you can make one for just a few bucks! The idea is that you stick the floor gap fixer on the board that has a gap at the end and wack it with the mallet. Just a thought. Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Can you send a few picture my way, Thomas? Might it be too sticky? This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Be careful, though! The suction cups are a good solution if your planks are wide enough. Same here. Learn more - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab. DO NOT copy or distribute content, printables, complete tutorials or supplies lists, recipes or multiple photos. As you can see, we had some big, honkin’ gaps! Trim-A-Slab Expansion Joint Repair Material - 3/4" x 25 linear feet (7.6m) 4.6 out of 5 stars 105 Dap 18096 10.1 oz. Concrete Waterproof Filler and Sealant, Gray (12 Pack) Designed for laminate and wood floors, the Blue Hawk tapping block is designed to close gaps when installing laminate floors without damaging the flooring. Was your bamboo installed as a floating floor? That’s a good technique, Philip, and it’s one I tried, as I do have one of those rubber blocks. Unfortunately, our planks are thin, and I couldn’t find a suction cup small enough to fit within their width. exactly right that the floor gaps coincide with the main HVAC duct. Fiberglass Repair Kit, Porcelain Repair Kit for Tub Tile and Shower Repair Cracked Stone Crack Chip Ceramic Floor, Tile Gap Filler Repair.