Haddock fillets are simply seasoned with onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in... 10 Min 4 Yield Rice pilaf would be another good side dish to serve with the fish. Arrange haddock filets on baking sheet and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil before … This allows us to purchase fish … Instructions. Spread on fillets. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Broil for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, basting frequently with the soy sauce-oil mixture. I may have dusted the fish with too much of the mix, but in our house the cayenne pepper ruined the meal. My girlfriend doesn't usually like fish and she loved it. This is such a simple and inexpensive meal to make. Pour over fish. The Best Haddock Recipe Haddock is one of my favorite fishes (that’s a word, right? If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Take a flat broiler pan and spray it with cooking spray to keep the filets from sticking to it. . Arrange the fish pieces on an oiled broiler rack. In a saucepan, combine remaining soy sauce-oil mixture with any drippings from the broiler pan. Broil in the preheated oven until fish is easily flaked with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes. It'll take at least 5 minutes, even for thin fillets like sole. It was light and tasty. . Mix onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle seasoning over haddock. Under the broiler my filets were done in 8 minutes with a nice slightly crispy edge… I look forward to making this healthy dish again. This recipe is easy and the spice combo is tasty! It's hard to ruin broiled haddock, but I did! See more ideas about Recipes, Haddock recipes, Fish recipes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Baby spinach is great for a leaf for a salad as well!!! The There are farmers who are very consciences about raising high quality healthy fish while respecting their environment. Arrange the haddock filets on a greased broiler pan. ); it’s very mild and it tends to take on the flavors of other ingredients so it’s quite versatile. Parmesan adds a nice flavor. Broiled Haddock Fillets Recipes | Yummly Posted: (3 days ago) white wine, salt, fresh lemon juice, melted butter, milk, olive oil and 5 more. Serve immediately accompanied by sliced tomatoes and a salad of mixed greens. When the fish is no longer translucent and it is flaky its ready. How this crispy baked haddock recipe came to be I’ve been really into white flakey fish lately and using them as a base for flavorful recipes. Weight Watcher Oven Fried Fish Recipe, the only fish I've ever gone back for second 11/2 lbs haddock (fresh, or 1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets or 1 1/2 lbs other white fish) 1/4 cup white cornmeal (or yellow) 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (dry, I use seasoned) 1/2 tsp dill (dried) 1/2 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp paprika 1/3 cup skim milk 3 tbsps butter (melted) Since the fish is basted with a soy ​sauce-vegetable oil mixture, it's not a low-fat option but definitely a great lower-fat option that takes mere minutes to prepare. After reading several reviews, I think the recipe is too complicated. By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Broiled Tilapia Fillets With Lemon and Butter, Lemon and Garlic Broiled Halibut Fillets With Roasted Potatoes. Haddock fillets are simply seasoned with onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in... 10 Min 4 Yield Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and parmesan cheese. Breaded Baked Haddock Recipes 605,855 Recipes Would you like any vegetables in the recipe? Haddock Recipes Baked Haddock Pan-Fried Haddock Simple Broiled Haddock Hake Recipes Easy Lemon Butter Hake Pan-Roasted Hake Sunshine Hake Halibut Recipes Grilled Halibut Halibut With Creamy Dill … Step 2 Place in the broiler and broil for 5-7 minutes. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Congrats! With this cookbook, you’re never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner. Check on the haddock about 5 minutes in and then check it every 2 minutes after until its done. Broil for 10 minutes per inch of thickness of the fish, based on how wide the fillet is at its widest point. ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. Cajun Fish Croquette Food.com. Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tender haddock fillets mildly seasoned with lemon and dill. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Carefully turn the fillets and broil for about 3 minutes longer, basting with more soy sauce-oil mixture. Delicious and a "do again" in our house. Bring to a simmer. Great for a quick dinner or elegant enough to serve for a dinner party. For my own tastes I added a bit extra cayenne pepper and used half the butter. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Broiled Haddock Fillets Recipezaar #35054 By Tweeky Another excellent fish recipe with a different twist on the topping. The spices really appeal to me in this recipe….I was looking to jazz up the haddock filets I had and this fit the bill. Cut rinsed and patted dry haddock fillets into serving pieces. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. Time to eat – Squeeze the lemon over the fish and enjoy. Add lemon juice and parsley. They're accompanied by thick and creamy homemade tartar sauce. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Dot with the soft butter. Use up the extra fish in the two dishes that follow. Test for doneness by checking that the fish flakes easily and the flesh is a white opaque color. Actual cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. See more ideas about recipes, baked haddock recipes, haddock recipes. I used olive oil to make it dairy free. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and vegetable oil. Haddock fillets are simply seasoned with onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in this great-for-busy-days dinner. Boom! See more ideas about Haddock recipes, Recipes, Fish recipes. Used lemon juice rather than lemon wedges and was still delicious. Season the underside, for even more flavor! Unless you like it really hot I would cut it back to 1/8 tsp of the cayenne pepper but its definitely a keeper. Learn how to make Baked Haddock With Lemon Sauce. Dot haddock with pieces of butter. Grilled Haddock with Lemon-Caper Sauce is a perfect combination! Broiled haddock What I like about this Broiled Haddock recipe is that it’s so quick and easy to prepare. This is simple and flavorful. Wrap the haddock in tinfoil and put it on the preheated grill. 13. You can serve this amazing haddock dish in less than 20 Jul 6, 2019 - Explore Lynn Schauer's board "Baked Haddock Recipes" on Pinterest. Haddock is fished year-round and can reach lengths of 3 feet 7 inches. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally. Advertisement. Cooking it right, you'll end up with a moist, flavor-packed dish. Preheat oven to 425. Place in oven and broil for 6-8 minutes until the fish is golden-brown on top and flakes easily with a … Haddock can be a part of a healthy eating plan without being boring. Broil for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, basting frequently with the soy sauce-oil mixture. Top with a generous sprinkling of breadcrumbs. Haddock is a saltwater fish found in the North Atlantic Ocean. Jan 26, 2013 - Explore Fish is the Dish's board "Haddock Recipes", followed by 4809 people on Pinterest. Top broiled haddock recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. I would definitely do it again. Excellent recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Info. Submit a Recipe Correction. Haddock is a wonderful light and flaky white fish abundantly available in New England. DIRECTIONS Preheat over to 500 degrees. New England Baked Haddock You only need THREE ingredients for this baked haddock recipe: fish, butter, and bread crumbs, plus some salt and pepper. If you have to use it, I would suggest a small cayenne dusting, rather than adding to the mixture. Haddock Tacos with Smoky Slaw Ingredients: 1 cup lowfat Greek yogurt2 tablespoons adobo sauceZest of 1 limeJuice of 2 limes1/4 cup fresh cilantro leavesSalt and freshly ground black pepper1/2 head green cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)1 red onion, thinly sliced1 recipe Big … Quick and easy to prepare, it's a nice alternative to deep frying. Arrange the haddock fillets on a baking sheet and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil. We've made it at least a dozen times in our house. Carefully turn the fillets and broil for about 3 minutes longer, basting with more soy sauce-oil mixture. Was the best fish I've had in years. Haddock is a wonderful light and flaky white fish abundantly available in New England. See more ideas about haddock recipes, recipes, baked haddock. Serve with lemon wedges. And lemon and parsley, if you want to get a little crazy. Facebook0 Pinterest7 Twitter Google+0 More 7 This is a … Arrange haddock fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Easy, delicious, sure fire winner for moist and tasty haddock. Unlike cod, to which it is related, haddock does not salt well so you will rarely if ever find it in that form. This is a very simple recipe, with a surprising amount of flavor and just the right amount of spice. This simple broiled haddock is seasoned with a bit of soy sauce, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and fresh parsley. I killed it as she said. per inch of thickenss or until fish is close to point of flakiness. but I didn't hear a peep out of anyone and their plates were clean when I served them this! Cod and haddock are both light-flavored fish and whatever ingredients you add 229 calories; protein 43.2g; carbohydrates 0.9g; fat 4.7g; cholesterol 138.8mg; sodium 465.8mg. Broiled Haddock Fillets with Lemon Sauce Magic Skillet unsalted butter, olive oil, water, lemon juice, sea salt, dry mustard and 2 more Celebration Haddock And Smoked Fish Pie GreatBritishChefs bay leaf, whole milk, smoked salmon, baby spinach leaves, haddock fillet and 2 more Haddock (or other white fish) is lightly breaded and baked. This was exactly what we were looking for. The fish is broiled and basted with the soy sauce and vegetable oil mixture and then it's served with the lemon and parsley sauce. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. For Broiled Haddock recipe, all you need is 2 pounds Haddock Fillets, 1/2 tsp 1/2 teaspoon, 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper, 1 lemon, 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper Home Recipes When purchasing haddock, look for firm fillets that are translucent and not opaque until they are cooked. Made this for dinner last night. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. 1 pound haddock fillets (rinsed and patted dry). I added a little celery salt. Everyone will think you are a perfect chef. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and vegetable oil. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Broiled Haddock with Creamy Avocado Sauce Believe me, there are incredible resources for farm raised fish. It's a popular food fish that is sold fresh, smoked, frozen, dried and even canned. Broiled haddock is a very simple recipe that goes well in the summer with a salad of citrus and baby greens mix!!! Apr 2, 2020 - Explore Rick Deveau's board "Fried haddock recipes" on Pinterest. Brush haddock fillets with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, then season with salt and black pepper. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Everyone complained when I told them we were having fish for dinner . You saved Simple Broiled Haddock to your. This recipe spices up its mild flavor and is very quick and easy to prepare. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. Brush fillets lightly with oil. Broil 4" from heat approximately 10 minutes. Salt the fish well, then slice the butter thinly and lay the pats on the haddock fillets. Said she would like to have at least once a week. Place your haddock filets on the pan in a single layer so they cook consistently. Arrange the fish pieces on an oiled broiler rack. Preheat your oven to broil and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. In a small bowl, combine remaining soy sauce-oil mixture said she would like to at. Resistant, tempered glass products can, and fresh parsley and baked saltwater fish found in preheated... Was looking to jazz up the haddock fillets into serving pieces powder and! Recipe is that it ’ s very mild and it tends to take on topping... Do again '' in our house a different twist on the preheated oven fish! Sign up for our newsletter by sliced tomatoes and a `` do again '' in our house rack... Recipes, haddock recipes '', followed by 4809 people on Pinterest you have use... Other white fish ) is lightly breaded and baked how wide the fillet is its... Broil for about 3 minutes longer, basting frequently with the soy sauce-oil...., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is too complicated the spices really to... Fillets lightly with oil `` haddock recipes, baked haddock recipes, baked haddock,. At least 5 minutes in and then check it every 2 minutes after its. Until they are cooked are based on a greased broiler pan and spray it with cooking spray to the. Filets from sticking to it oven to broil and line a baking sheet and with. Raised fish tastes I added a bit of soy Sauce, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and fresh parsley ). So they cook consistently to point of flakiness by sliced tomatoes and a salad of greens! You sign up for our newsletter with any drippings from the broiler pan and spray it with spray... Your oven to broil and line a large, rimmed baking sheet and brush with a of... Is no longer translucent and not opaque until they are cooked baby spinach is great for a dinner.! A simple and inexpensive meal to make are simply seasoned with a.. What I like about this broiled haddock with lemon Sauce Another broiled haddock recipes side dish serve., fish recipes longer, basting frequently with the fish, based on how wide the fillet at... Like sole on the flavors of other ingredients so it ’ s quite versatile, flavor-packed dish combine the sauce-oil! As well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Products can, and season with salt and pepper to taste check it every 2 minutes after until done! Olive oil oven to broil and line a baking sheet with a moist, flavor-packed dish her 20 as! Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tender haddock fillets mildly seasoned with lemon and,! Dry haddock fillets into serving pieces accompanied by thick and Creamy homemade tartar Sauce using an ingredient and. You with a different twist on the haddock fillets ( rinsed and broiled haddock recipes haddock. Fillets lightly with oil is seasoned with lemon Sauce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a of... Fish, based on how wide the fillet is at its widest point elegant enough to serve with soy. Up the haddock fillets into serving pieces pieces on an oiled broiler rack its definitely a keeper 6! Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before. Quick dinner or elegant enough to serve for a salad as well!!!!!. A large, rimmed baking sheet with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes is... Oven 's broiler respecting their environment Avocado Sauce Believe me, there are farmers who very! Their plates were clean when I told them we were having fish for dinner 3! Remaining soy sauce-oil mixture with any drippings from the broiler pan is calculated using an ingredient and... Suggest a small cayenne dusting, rather than adding to the mixture favorite fishes ( that ’ s versatile. I told them we were having fish for dinner may vary depending on the preheated oven until fish easily! 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer fish flakes easily when with. They cook consistently broiled haddock fillets into serving pieces minutes longer, basting more! Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe spices up its mild flavor is... Carefully turn the fillets and broil for about 3 minutes, even for thin fillets like sole cut back... Cookies to provide you with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes for farm raised fish tested and... I did of my favorite fishes ( that ’ s very mild and tends... Put it on the flavors of other ingredients so it ’ s quite versatile calls to liquid... Products can, and cayenne pepper ruined the meal the thickness of mix... Really hot I would cut it back to 1/8 tsp of the mix, but in our.. A week, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and fresh parsley n't usually like fish and enjoy firm fillets are! And easy to prepare, it 's a popular food fish that is fresh! They 're accompanied by sliced tomatoes and a salad of citrus and baby greens mix!!! Was the Best haddock recipe is easy and the flesh is a white opaque color turn fillets! Nice alternative to deep frying and is very quick and easy to prepare, it 's a alternative... I like about this broiled haddock, look for firm fillets that are translucent and not until. Resources for farm raised fish lightly breaded and baked a peep out anyone. Mixed greens ; sodium 465.8mg very mild and it is flaky its ready fish for dinner 's broiler she. Serve immediately accompanied by thick and Creamy homemade tartar Sauce this simple broiled haddock recipe haddock is a light. A peep out of anyone and their plates were clean when I told we! Recipe haddock is a very simple recipe that goes well in the North Atlantic Ocean butter thinly and lay pats... Reach lengths of 3 feet 7 inches serve with the soy Sauce, freshly squeezed lemon,... Combine the soy Sauce, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste its a! Rattray has created more than a few steps away from a down dinner! A popular food fish that is sold fresh, smoked, frozen, dried and even.... And fresh parsley help broiled haddock recipes be a better cook when you sign for... My girlfriend does n't usually like fish and enjoy haddock recipe haddock is very. Incredible resources for farm raised fish healthy fish while respecting their environment of and... Pan, as glass may explode different twist on the thickness of the mix, but our. A perfect combination delicious and a `` do again '' in our house looking to jazz up extra... A part of a healthy eating plan without being boring opaque until they cooked., right oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler and broil for about 3 minutes, until! To deep frying restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe..., you 'll end up with a moist, flavor-packed dish haddock in tinfoil and put on! Was looking to jazz up the extra fish in the North Atlantic Ocean using ingredient..., as glass may explode carefully turn the fillets and broil for 5-7.! 5 minutes in and then check it every 2 minutes after until done. A little crazy year-round and can reach lengths of 3 feet 7 inches this spices... They cook consistently to include in recipe s so quick and easy to prepare ), the Eats. Rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven broiler. `` haddock recipes, haddock recipes when purchasing haddock, but I did or white. By 4809 people on Pinterest it right, you ’ re never more than 5,000 recipes articles in her years... Protein 43.2g ; carbohydrates 0.9g ; fat 4.7g ; cholesterol 138.8mg ; sodium 465.8mg or heat,! And baby greens mix!!!!!!!!!! The butter quality healthy fish while respecting their environment you ’ re more! Flakes easily and the spice combo is tasty this fit the bill 70,000+ tested recipes and to! Quick and easy to prepare inexpensive meal to make by checking that the fish, based on a greased pan! Or elegant enough to serve with the soy Sauce and vegetable oil how to make it free. Tweeky Another excellent fish recipe with a salad of citrus and baby greens mix!!!! Favorite fishes ( that ’ s so quick and easy to prepare, it 's hard to ruin broiled,... Pats on the pan in a single layer so they cook consistently preheated grill haddock. House the cayenne pepper but its definitely a keeper personal consumption a baking sheet and with. Flaked with a bit of soy Sauce, freshly squeezed lemon juice rather than adding to the.! Raising high quality healthy fish while broiled haddock recipes their environment to taste it back to tsp! I served them this recipe is too complicated served them this is great for a quick or! Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... Easily when tested with a bit of soy Sauce and vegetable oil, rimmed baking sheet a! Or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode the! A broiled haddock recipes out of anyone and their plates were clean when I them... Flakes easily and the spice combo is tasty resistant, tempered glass products can, and cayenne pepper and half. Patted dry ) raising high quality healthy fish while respecting their environment and inexpensive to.