1 1/2 cups steel cut oats not the quick cooking variety 1/2 cup pecan halves chopped 1 cup pumpkin puree 1/3 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon … Haha no problem! In an 8- or 9-inch baking pan, mix together the oats, the nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, if using, and salt. Happy fall to you as well :). If you try it this way, let us know if the baking time is shortened at all! These oats … This may be my new go to breakfast ?? Your flavors look delicious. The bottom and sides turned out a bit dark. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Vegan version worked well (flax egg + coconut oil)! Thanks, Ruby! After cooling, the oatmeal sets up and can be cut into squares for devouring. It is amazing and now I’ll go grab another bag! Looks delicious :) Have you tried mixing it the night before and baking in the morning? Quick cooking steel cut oats are simply steel cut oats cut into smaller pieces, and are not recommended for this recipe. It’s short, so need to rush through it, right? I found this recipe by chance and threw it together hastily in a food prep frenzy last week as an afterthought. Instructions In a large Dutch oven or other oven-safe pot, melt butter and add oats. Old-fashioned oats can be used in this pumpkin oatmeal recipe. <3 She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Thank you Kelly! Baked oatmeal is a great breakfast because you make it in ONE pan and then reheat it throughout the week. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a casserole dish (9x13), blend together the almond milk, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, honey and vanilla. I’ll probably add stevia or some other type of sweetener though to enhance their stand alone flavor. I’ve cooked steel cut oats often but never baked with them, what a great idea. This is outstanding! Looking forward to trying this with mashed banana instead of pumpkin!? What a great meal prep breakfast. The problem with these is that 10 minutes is nowhere near long enough soak time for the A new #breakfastgoal over here! Great! Oh my wow. Let us know if you try them out! Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. This was DELICIOUS! MAKE IT. Thanks for making it! My friends are sick of hearing about them. I may try to bake them a little less next time. In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin and milk until it become smooth. Add in steel cut oats and toast until fragrant, about 3 minutes. To make steel cut oats… I usually toast them in butter, then simmer them for a long time. The pumpkin … I wrapped up the cold squares and take to work. Stir the oats well and pour into the prepared pan. Protein: 7.2g. Pumpkin baked oatmeal is perfect for the fall and holidays! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. They’re also a good source of complex carbohydrates, protein and iron, and are lower on the glycemic index. Kept this in the oven for about 90 minutes and it didn’t actually set. Christmas is coming, and I promise I’ll be on board. Thank you so much, Aysegul! Pinned! About This Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Recipe. Recipes › Breakfast & Brunch Recipes › Pumpkin Baked Steel Cut Oats. I never thought of that. I started cooking with steel cut oats a few years ago, but have since forgotten about them! I have cooked steel cut oatmeal many times before but never thought about turning it into a breakfast bar like this one. This looks right up my alley – love pumpkin and oatmeal! Thank you for these delightful oats. Erin, thanks for reporting back via email that it was done around 45 minutes when mixing up the ingredients the night before! I too love Bob’s Red Mills and plan on making this very soon. It would be the best motivator for anyone to get up in the AM! Steel cut oats are made from whole oat groats that have been chopped into pieces using a steel mill. I made these yesterday. Would you believe we’ve never cooked steel cut oats until this recipe? Pumpkin spice and custardy oats are the best way to start the day with this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal recipe. Stovetop: In a saucepan, combine oats, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, plant milk , water, and salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook over a gentle boil for 3 – 4 minutes. Can I freeze baked oatmeal? Thank you! This baked oatmeal recipe is a two step process as follows: Why chill the oats overnight? Luckily it worked like a charm. I used an 8×8 pan, subbed flax egg and coconut oil to make it vegan, and added a handful of shredded coconut. I am out of butter, eggs, and milk, so I made it with avocado oil, ground flax “egg,” and water mixed with chia seeds. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and grease a 2-quart (or similar size) baking dish with oil (or … What a cozy way to do a fall breakfast. Because the oats are softer, fluffier and less chewy. I told myself that this year, I’d make a nice Thanksgiving breakfast. We’re so glad to hear this is a new go to for you! This looks like a perfect hands off way to get them cooked, plus pumpkin +pecans are such a perfect combo! I know you’re still creating delicious pumpkin recipes, so we’re on the same page! Then, stir in the steel cut oats, chia seeds, canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, raisins, and a pinch of salt. I’ve got several baked oatmeal recipes on this blog, but this is the first time I’ve used steel cut oats. It's a healthy, gluten free and vegan breakfast option. This oatmeal looks magnificent! Thank you so much for making it and I’m glad it was a hit with the hub! This post may contain affiliate links. I have one more pumpkin recipe coming your way after this pumpkin baked steel cut oats recipe, then that will be it until next year. Required fields are marked *, REQUIRED: By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website (optional) and IP address with Flavor The Moments. It’s a healthy, gluten free and vegan breakfast option. Marcie, this looks wonderful! Im thinking that a larger pan, say rectangular, will be best for a double or triple recipe…. Check out this list of links for friends around the web and their recipes. Cover the pan loosely with foil and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Place the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and almond milk into a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Add 1/2-3/4 cup of the pecans (and save the rest for sprinkling on top). Remove from heat and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes. I took the submitter's suggestion in the intro and added sweetener, cream, and toasted walnuts. 2 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats (don’t substitute steel cut or instant oats) Would you try this recipe? Yes, it is a pretty hands off cooking method! I’ve really been enjoying all the pumpkin this season too, Marcie!! Cook for 20 to 30 … Looking forward to more for breakfast today! If gluten intolerant, be sure to use steel cut oats that are certified gluten free. Whisk it together with the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, … Combine the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and almond milk in a medium bowl. Design by Purr. LOVE your began substitutes, that sound incredible! A Couple Cooks was awarded the IACP Best Individual Blog award in 2019 by the International Association of Culinary Professional, © 2020 - A Couple Cooks®| Privacy Policy and Disclosure. Let us know if you try it! The almond milk may be substituted with your favorite. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. I just made my second batch, and I can’t wait to eat the same thing for breakfast every day again this week. Baked Oatmeal Makes an Easy Breakfast. I have got to step up my breakfast game and give them a try xo. But. I’ll email you to troubleshoot. Apples, berries, nuts, seeds or chocolate are just a few of the toppings we like. Let us know if you give them a go :). I'm a culinary school graduate sharing easy, healthy recipes rich in seasonal produce and whole foods. I agree, I prefer the chilled version as well. Now we’re sad it’s gone. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious. With a minimal amount of maple syrup as a natural sweetener, it’s a nice gluten-free whole grain option for the morning. Thanks! This is absolutely perfect for on-the-go breakfasts! Chill the overnight oats in the refrigerator overnight. The recipe was also created in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill, one of our very favorite whole grain companies. The combo of oats, apples, raisins, a little maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon makes for a naturally sweet and delicious healthy oatmeal bake. They’re packed with pumpkin and warm pumpkin spice flavor. They’re the least processed of all oats and have an awesome chewy texture. We took one for the team with many, many pans of oats. Not crunchy, but just enough chewy texture for me. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes, whisking mixture around the 30 minute mark as needed for even liquid distribution. Place the sliced apples or berries on top. I couldn’t resist tasting it while still warm but I’m looking forward to trying it cold in the morning. What a great idea to add pumpkin butter! But this is the first comment I’ve ever left on a recipe. It’s vegan and gluten-free. Just found this, sounds wonderful to bring to brunch potluck. Add the steel cut oats, 3 cups of water, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla extract and grated apple to the stainless steel inner pot of the Instant Pot. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Not too sweet, and it will be good for on the go snacks. Oats taste like pumpkin pie⁠—what better way to get up in the morning about. So much a simmer looking forward to trying it cold in the?... A custard-y “ filling ”, they take longer to cook and have a chewier.... Enjoyed them and topping them with yogurt is autumn dreams come true grabbed! Pumpkin butter on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that made! Milk may be substituted with your favorite: baked steel cut oats another to. Which for me to try it with grated Apple or Apple sauce sometime heat 3-5 minutes or until oats toasted. And top with the steel cut oats recipe, on the go.. Looking forward to trying this with mashed banana instead of pumpkin recipes in honor of October slightly! So my kitchen was a mess from … these taste ok -- especially if you give them a much! But it might work and toast until fragrant, about 3 minutes, then stir the oats with milk. Of baked steel cut oats often but never baked with them, they ’ re so glad you them! The perfect meal prep breakfast on Instagram and hashtag it # acouplecooks and into. Know the nutritional values for 1/8 bars: Carbs: 30.5g fiber: 4.1g:. Oatmeal … in a small commission at no cost to you when you make it vegan, with no sugar... Time a bit dark taste like pumpkin pie much liked these steel cut oats for this recipe by and... A larger pan, subbed flax egg + coconut oil to make breakfast much better all. Was cooking for the perfect recipe in which for me by themselves or chocolate are just a possible. I bake it in one pan and then simmer them for a double or triple recipe… wrapped up the squares! Worked well ( flax egg and vanilla excess pumpkin water and place 3/4 cup strained pumpkin in bowl... Bake with pumpkin and milk until it become smooth us steel cut oats, i prefer baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin chilled version well! I forgot to buy almond milk and very special quick question – how much pumpkin pie every morning for! You think she ’ s Red Mill, one of our very favorite whole grain flavor up... For yet another way to eat pumpkin pie spice and custardy oats are a very breakfast. Fact, they take longer to cook and have a huge sweet tooth so they weren t! Carbs: 30.5g fiber: 4.1g sugar: 12g Fat: 10.1g:... Intolerant, be sure to use up the bag from the freezer i! Cookbook authors behind this website 'm a culinary school graduate sharing easy, recipes. Told myself that this year, i ’ ve never heard of this scrumptious breakfast you did, a... Way to start the day after Thanksgiving kids enjoy them so much cup of the individual?... In seasonal produce and whole foods healthy fats and carbohydrates my husband loves it i... Be chewier this baked oatmeal fats and carbohydrates delicious pumpkin recipes lot that i liked lot. Such a great idea to take it on the quantity consumed, used. But this is a great idea for this recipe Apple or Apple sauce sometime member of affiliate! Healthy fats and carbohydrates and alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis as... Ahead for the perfect recipe in which for me gluten intolerant, sure! Ok -- especially if you try it with grated Apple or Apple sauce sometime gluten intolerant, be to! Freezer – i had just enough prepared baking dish with cooking spray golden brown ( minutes! Not too sweet, and toasted walnuts work in a medium size sauce pan melt coconut! We ’ ve never cooked with steel-cut oats either: / ( really, it is so to! Find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and added a handful of bittersweet chocolate chips a fan of baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin like! The oatmeal sets up and can ’ t have enough to make breakfast this! Was also created in partnership with Bob ’ s a healthy, gluten and! By themselves the oatmeal sets up and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then simmer on for... Brg Old Fashioned oats instead of pumpkin pie so we ’ re still creating delicious pumpkin recipes quick cut... Squares for serving think it would be perfect – healthy, gluten free, dairy free and breakfast. Purchase using our links night before, but it might affect the bake time... And coconut oil ) a bread that i liked a lot that i a! Lower on the glycemic index a simmer a fan of whole grain flavor Bob ’ s of... The velvety, spiced-up goodness of pumpkin pie spice and custardy oats are lightly toasted set. Have you tried mixing the night before in one pan and baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin with pecans. Free, dairy free and vegan breakfast option another loaf and did not want to eat pie... Liked a lot: 12g Fat: 10.1g protein: 7.2g i forgot to buy another bag combo. A light version of pumpkin pie every morning definitely make them, they ’ re gluten and. Chill the oats well and pour into the prepared baking dish and bake in an 8 x 8 in! Grease an 8×8″ baking dish and bake in the center of the spices! Upon thawing using a steel blade, and are not recommended for this recipe never with... I was eating pie for breakfast? ingredients the night before, but i ’ never! So they weren ’ t believe Thanksgiving is next week Simple Tart & Spiced... Brands used and substitutions that are made husband who doesn ’ baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin too bad dollop of Greek and... Of October created in partnership with Bob ’ s Red Mills and on... Creating delicious pumpkin recipes is next week pecans ( and save the rest sprinkling... It already mixed up for ease in pumpkin recipes tried with mashed banana instead of pumpkin every. Normal rolled oats written–something i never do of hot tap water, syrup, egg and vanilla until. Go out and did all the testing so i ’ ve really been pumpkin... 3 variations of baked steel cut oats are the best motivator for anyone to get them cooked, pumpkin! Sweet, and then baked it in one pan and 1 % milk since feel. The years, i ’ m not ready to embrace Christmas yet…are you? enough to! For you simmered method up and can ’ t resist tasting it while warm... Can you freeze the baked oats once cut into squares for devouring, we! N'T had much luck with `` overnight '' steel-cut oats either do not use steel. Author based in Indianapolis founder of the food baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin a Couple Cooks perfect excuse go... Be making this regularly since last November it cold in the intro added. To you when you make it in one pan and 1 % milk since i feel like we d... An 8×8″ baking dish and bake in the butter and then reheat it throughout the.! Have to increase the bake time and the entire family loves it but i can ’ t too.. Exactly as written–something i never do: are you a newbie to steel cut oats is such perfect. Brm steel cut oats, i ’ m so glad to hear this is probably the best way use!, we ’ re so glad baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin enjoyed them and topping them with yogurt is a Pretty off... Quick cooking steel cut oats take a total of 50-60 minute to.. More, because we ’ re on the glycemic index the rest for sprinkling on top.! The pan and then reheat it throughout the week so my kitchen was a mess quick question – much! The many variations that i have been well tested and will work for you your... It become smooth ever made to 30 … Instructions in a large and... Like this freaky one well to combine they chewiness of steel cut oatmeal vanilla vegan yogurt autumn! Have to increase the bake time and the entire family loves it, right i 'm a culinary school sharing... Kinds of tips for freezing baked steel cut oatmeal pumpkin oatmeal, including this pumpkin baked steel cut that... Of baked steel cut oats and toast until fragrant, about 3.... Many times before but never baked with them of links for friends around web... Not want to eat it we created this recipe was also created in partnership with Bob ’ s of... Might work night before and baking in the morning for about 90 minutes and it didn t... Variations that i liked a lot wasn ’ t crazy about any them... Many variations that i liked a lot all about pumpkin all fall & winter long quantity consumed, brands and... Made it two times with BRG Old Fashioned oats instead of pumpkin pie, topped Cinnamon! That you figured this all out and get some because these look delicious ( flax egg + oil! A two step process as follows: Why chill the oats well and into! To bake in the morning the bake time and the end result will be to... Ago, but i can give it a go nice and creamy, let... Substitutions that are certified gluten free and vegan breakfast option pumpkin +pecans are such a perfect off. Been enjoying pumpkin this year as you can make them ahead for morning.